About Yesterday...

Yesterday was your birthday. It's been almost 30 years since God took you and Jeremy back to Himself, and it still hurts. All the things I wanted to teach him as the last Grandchild of the Braxton Clan. Maybe help him to be a better man than I've been until now, and I'll get that chance. I sucked it up and came out to the cemetery and almost lost it, but rehashing my personal Hell was something I HAD to do. The only regret I have is that it had to be this way. I've always been a sensitive child, so one more person to relate to hurts mre than I can say.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you're with Grandma and Grandaddy and now Uncle Benny, but I'm torn in this way. Jeremy is getting to know the family he didn't get to and doesn't have to get sick or experience grief like we did. I think I'm a bit jealous as well as lonely, but God needed you more. I understand. We're ok, albeit fractured because the glue that held us together has loosened over time. Thank you for what you did for my sisters and me when were kids. We love you more and more purely than we did then. How's Peaches doing? Have you seen Reggie or Raven around up there? Raven always intimidated me as a boy because I was small and she was a big ol Doberman Pinscher.

By the way, I STILL hate Brussel sprouts! They STILL make me throw up! Somebody tried to get me to see the light of reason, but I'm not going for it! In the meantime, I'll keep the faith and wait until we meet again, forever in Paradise. Once again, I love you and I thank you. See ya at the Pearly Gates...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Think I Get It Now...